Tailored Dental Implant Treatment in Ballarat
During our lives, losing teeth can happen due to a very wide range of reasons and this loss can potentially be very difficult to live with. Rather than just coping with missing teeth, the option to have dental implant or porcelain veneers ensures that you have the function of your tooth returned, while also having the aesthetic appeal that comes with a full set of teeth.
If you believe you could benefit from a dental implant or porcelain veneers in Ballarat, book an appointment with Oak Tree Ballarat Dental today by calling (03) 5342 9633.
How Does a Dental Implant Work?
A dental implant is a popular and effective way to replace a missing tooth, and is also used to support dentures and bridges.
Dental implants are biocompatible titanium screws that are fused with the jaw bone, in a process called osseointegration, to replace missing roots. These posts act as artificial tooth roots and provide a strong foundation for permanent or removable replacement teeth. Once the implant has fused with the bone, a small connector (abutment) is placed on the implant. The screws are then restored with a porcelain crown to complete the missing tooth.
Dental implants are strong and durable. With proper care, they can last you a lifetime.
What are Porcelain Veneers & How Do They Differ from a Dental Implant?
Porcelain veneers are thin, tooth-coloured shells that are custom-made to cover the front surface of your teeth. They are an ideal solution for improving the appearance of your smile and can be used to correct a wide variety of cosmetic dental concerns, such as stained or discoloured teeth, chipped or broken teeth, misaligned or gapped teeth, and more.
A dental implant, on the other hand, are a more permanent solution for missing teeth and provides a natural-looking and feeling replacement for one or more missing teeth.
Why Might You Need a Dental Implant or Porcelain Veneers?
There are several reasons why you might need a dental implant or porcelain veneers, including:
- To replace a single tooth: If you have a gap in your smile due to a missing tooth, a dental implant can be used to support a replacement tooth (called a crown). This option looks and functions just like a natural tooth, and it’s a much more permanent solution than a dental bridge.
- To replace multiple teeth: If you’ve lost several teeth, you may be candidate for implant-supported dentures. This type of denture is anchored to the jawbone using dental implants, making it more stable and comfortable than a traditional denture.
- To improve your speech: If you have difficulty speaking clearly because of missing teeth, a dental implant can help. By restoring teeth, implants can improve the clarity of your speech.
- To improve your chewing: Dental implants can also make it easier to eat and chew by restoring teeth that are missing. This can improve your overall nutrition as well as your quality of life.
- To support facial structures: In some cases, a dental implant can be used to support facial structures such as the jawbone. This can help to prevent sunken-in features and preserve the natural shape of your face.
What are the Benefits of Receiving a Dental Implant?
There are many reasons to pursue dental implants – benefits of implants over traditional replacement options include:
- Prevention of bone loss that occurs after a tooth is extracted.
- A fixed replacement option (compared to a removable denture).
- Eliminates the need to involve surrounding teeth (as seen in bridge fabrication).
- Aesthetically superior
- Allows function that is comparable to natural teeth (eating hard foods).
- Increase in self-confidence due to a more natural replacement that won’t fall out when eating or sneezing!
- Excellent long-term success rate (survival rate of over 10 years 95%)
Book an Appointment for a Dental Implant or Porcelain Veneers in Ballarat
These many benefits demonstrate well why a dental implant and porcelain veneers are a great choice for those interested in permanently replacing lost teeth. At Oak Tree Ballarat Dental, our skilled dentists can provide affordable dental implants to make this incredibly useful treatment option an exciting reality.
Be sure to also follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more information on our services.